We are a full-service team of skilled engineers, chemists, technologists and support staff (and big fans of Sustainability, Coffee, Stroopwafels, de Efteling and Innovative Process Technologies; but not necessarily in that order) We are breaking free from the engineers’ stereotype. That’s right, we do things that others only dream of!
We serve clients in Chemicals, Food and Life sciences who produce materials, food and pharmaceuticals for people all over the world or our clients enable companies to do so. All of them promote sustainable development, innovation, growth and prosperity. We work mostly on projects in engineering, R&D and manufacturing. As Chemploy is an organization that gets even more fun with like-minded talent, we are hiring a:
Functional Safety Engineer
As a process safety engineer at Chemploy, you will work on challenging safety projects in the chemical, food and life sciences industries. The role is allround in nature and no day will be the same but we do our best to make everyday great. Key is to reduce any safety risks to an acceptable minimum for varying clients active in (fine) chemicals, biobased innovations and circular innovations allowing you to broaden your engineering horizon and to develop your project management skills in the best way possible.
As a process safety engineer, you will:
- perform risk analysis and set up risk reducing measures (HAZOP, LOPA, SIL, Bow-tie);
- chair HAZOP sessions;
- perform audits on safety management systems, making the invisible visible and propose improvements;
- provide safety training and coaching to operators and engineers;
- work out complex projects and ensure the realization of them within constraints such as time and budget.
The opportunity is given to work with a variety of processes for different internationally operating clients,
Examples of projects include;
- Safety design of various purification processes
- Expansion of tank farms
- Safety assessment of various chemical unit operations
A key aspect of this is that you directly see the result of your effort and that you work in an environment where you can make a difference in line with the philosophy of Chemploy. Not only will you see the results of your work. Better said; you won’t see any accidents happen if you do your job well. Chemploy provides a working environment characterized by a high degree of freedom and independence that stimulates personal growth via tailor made training and education opportunities combined with challenging and versatile engineering projects at the forefront of technology.
Are you interested to contribute to the success of an ambitious firm that does things a little different? For this position, we would like to get in touch with all-round process safety engineering professionals that recognize themselves in this description:
- Academic or higher vocational degree (Bsc or Msc) in chemical engineering or related.
- Experience with HAZOP, Bowtie-Swift and LOPA. In addition; you show us that you know your stuff about explosion safety (ATEX).
- Familiar with the safety challenges that arise in a BRZO environment.
- Customer focus and entrepreneurial attitude.
- You feel comfortable to work in a production environment and enjoy interacting with the people on the work floor, especially the interaction of the funny type
- You have a practical hands-on attitude and are keen to develop solutions that work.
- You possess proven project management skills.
- Socially engaged and well developed communicative skills with a good sense of humour.
- Willingness to travel internationally to execute challenging projects on site.
- Ambition to contribute to the success of Chemploy and to your own success.
- Languages; English. Command of the Dutch language is highly preferred.