We are one of the few agencies that provide expertise and knowledge in the fields of materials engineering that help you to create better products. For us; it is all about the relation between structure, processing and properties
- Polymers & Plastics
- Biomedical materials (often polymers)
As always, within ChemXpro, it starts with you! First, we want to understand you, your final application and the relationship between materials structure, processing and final properties. From there, we offer and implement solutions that are beyond the ordinary. Well: that is what we want our clients to say.
As soon as we have sufficient knowledge required for the desired application, we can begin to modify these parameters resulting in the right material using the right process. For this matter, we make use of an interdisciplinary approach using aspects of chemistry, physics, and mechanical and process engineering, and from these resulting fields, we make extensive use of characterization as well.
- compounding polymers and additives to yield plastics with the desired properties;
- make use of techniques such as extrusion (single, double and even triple screw extrusion) or injection molding;
- create advanced thermoplastic composites;
- formulate coatings, inks, elastomers, sealants, and adhesives;
- develop materials for use in additive manufacturing (3D printing)
- create alloys;
- prepare materials for biomedical applications;
- analyze the micro, meso and macrostructure of materials;
- create lubricants that pose no harm to the environment and are free of microplastics such as PTFE;
- tuning the properties of biobased materials towards the desired application;
- ensure that biobased, compostable or biodegradable materials are truly biobased, compostable and biodegradable;
- develop materials that are sustainable, green, and cost-competitive.